Monday, September 2, 2013

Dr. Patterson came to read to our class this week and the students loved it! He read the book, 'The Day the Crayons Quit" by Drew Daywalt. It was a big hit!

The story features several letters written by individual colors to a young man named Duncan. They want him to know they have had enough! Each crayon has an important message to Duncan (and the readers) about problem solving, working together, and individual strengths. 


The students really loved the part of the story when one of the crayons complained that his paper was torn off and he felt "naked". 

Sorry it's blurry, but we were all laughing!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ranchers,
    I had so much fun visiting your class the other day! You are a very bright group of cowpokes! As we learned from the story, always remember that you already have everything you need to be creative problem-solvers! Therefore, I never want to hear you say, "I can't do this!" or "I can't figure this out!" DEAL?! Great! Also, thank you for your kind and thoughtful letters! You guys make me proud to be your principal. I hope to come read to you again!
    Dr. P

    ReplyDelete